I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
Friday, April 27
- Gr. 2 First Communion Rehearsal at 4:45 to 6:45 pm for all Gr. 2 Students
Saturday, April 28
- Gr. 2 First Holy Communion Mass @ 1pm in the Church
(Kindly be aware that the Students should be at the School by 12:20 pm and that the Group Photo in the Gym will take place at 12:30 pm sharp. A Reception for Family and Guests serving Coffee, Juice, Sweets and Cake will take place in the Gym directly after the Mass.)
Monday, April 30
- Gr. 3 to 7 Track and Field Program Begins (Please refer to Mr. Zucchetto`s and Miss Manfron`s Letter for the Morning, Lunch & Afterschool Practice Schedule)
- Holy Cross Annual Picnic Raffle Tickets will be sent home (We are kindly asking all Families to do their best to sell at least one book of Tickets. Our first incentive draw will be held on Friday, May 4. Your family will be entered into the draw if a “full book” of Tickets is sold and returned by Friday Morning. There will be an Incentive Draw held every Friday leading up to the Picnic.)
- Poetry Cafe during Gr. K to 4 Library Classes
Tuesday, May 1
- First Day of Holy Cross Spring Uniform. (Please note that the Students are permitted to wear their Regular Uniform if the Weather is too cool for Short Pants / Skorts and a Golf shirt.)
- High Tech, High Touch presentations in Gr. 3 (9 am), Gr. 1 (10:45 am) & Gr. 6 (1 pm)
- Holy Childhood Mass @ St. Patrick`s Church in Vancouver @ 10:30 am (The Gr. 6 Student Council Members will be attending with Mrs. Ferrara)
Wednesday, May 2
- Hot Lunch Day (Chicken Burgers)
Thursday, May 3
- Jeans Day in support of Children`s Hospital (Our Students are welcome to come to School wearing their Jeans on this date. Jeans Day Buttons are now on sale in the School Office for $5)
- Gr. 6 World Feast Day Activity in the Gym from 9 am to 12:30 pm
- Poetry Cafe during Gr. 5 to 7 Library Classes
Friday, May 4
- First Holy Cross Picnic Raffle Ticket Incentive Prize Draw.
- Please note that Registration for the Annual Holy Cross Parish Golf Tournament on the Afternoon of May 11th, is now closed. We are extremely proud to announce that the event is now SOLD OUT! A special thanks to all those people who registered for this Parish Fundraising Event. Please ensure that all outstanding fees are paid.
- Congratulations to our Gr. 7 Students, who received the Sacrament of Confirmation on Friday, April 20.
- Please also mark your Calendars for the Holy Cross School Annual Family Picnic on May 27, from 1 to 5 pm on ourSchool grounds. (More details are forthcoming)
- Please continue to check your Child`s Hair for Head Lice. If there are any visible symptoms, please visit your Local Pharmacist for treatment options. Your continued cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- A special congratulatory note goes out to Gr. 4 & Gr. 7 Classes & Teachers from last year for their outstanding rating and performance on the most current publication the Provincial Foundation Skills Assessment Results completed throughout the Province in Feb, 2017.
Wishing you God’s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti