Good evening Everyone,
Please take note of the following important information…
- Tuesday, March 30 to Monday, April 12
- As part of our Archdiocesan Program for Human Sexuality, Holy Cross School will be offering a parental production entitled “Screenagers” that will be accessible to the Grade 4 to 7 Families. Please note once again that this is for adults only and it is intended to create a discussion piece for you and your child(children) to follow-up. A link has been sent out via email on Tuesday afternoon. The rights to show this production were purchased by Holy Cross School and sharing this link with anyone outside of the Holy Cross School Community is prohibited. Please also note that a Parent Guide with discussion topics has been included in the email sent Tuesday.
- Monday, April 12 – Friday, April 16
- [Updated] All Gr. 4-7 Girls Soccer modified training activities within educational cohorts are cancelled for the week of April 12th
- [Updated] All Gr. 5-7 Boys Badminton modified training activities within educational cohorts are cancelled for the week of April 12th
- Monday, April 12
- Term 3 Study Skills resumes
- Wednesday, April 14
- Hot Lunch (Pizza)
*Out of an abundance of caution and under the advisement of the Fraser Health Authority as they undertake contact tracing, we have been instructed to move only our Kindergarten Class to online learning for Friday, April 9 to Wednesday, April 21. Please note that this is a temporary measure in response to the COVID-19 Early-Notification Email that was sent to our community yesterday and today.
*Please note that the images from your child’s Spring Photo Day are available for you to view and order on the Artona website. Please refer to the log-in card with your child’s identification number that your child brought home last week.
*Please be advised that the format for this year talent show will need to be adapted in light of the most recent COVID-19 Health & Safety Guidelines announced by the PHO as it relates to the performing arts. Details will be forthcoming.
*As of Wednesday, March 31, the School was advised by the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, and our Superintendent’s Office that masks for Students in Grades 4-12 are expected to be worn indoors at school. Kindergarten – Grade 3 Students are encouraged to wear masks but are not expected at this point in time. Please understand that these are ministerial orders and compliance is an expectation. If your child has a medical reason to not wear their masks, please send a note in to your child’s teacher.
*A kind reminder to all of our families (particularly on days of good weather) that our students should be picked up and brought to the cars as soon as possible in an effort to ensure minimal social gathering and proper social distancing at pick-up times. A very special thank you to all the parents and grandparents who are wearing their mask during the pick-up times. Your cooperation is much appreciated.
*This week has been challenging as we continue to try to provide a safe learning environment for your children. We kindly remind you that indoor play dates and activities outside of your normal bubble are not advisable as stated numerous times by our Provincial Health Officer. We thank you in advance for your due diligence in this area.
*Our sincere gratitude goes out to our families at Holy Cross School for continuing to follow the protocols laid out in our 2020 Health & Safety Plan. We continue to advise families of our school community to err on the side of caution when deciding to send your children to school. Please note that there is an updated “Daily Health Check” posted on the school website. We strongly recommend you keep your child at home if they are sick or if they present any symptoms listed on the COVID-19 checklist. Kindly note that Holy Cross School must adhere to strict guidelines from Fraser Health and the Provincial Health Authority in regards to any COVID-19 related issues (re. notifications for exposures, isolations, clearance to return to school, privacy matters, etc…). It is also important to read the notifications being sent out through our Office, as they contain the most updated and relevant information related to the current Covid-19 pandemic. I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to the Staff of Holy Cross School for doing their utmost in managing Covid issues on a daily basis. It is important to note that some of our most current Covid-related situations at the school are directly related to external scenarios which are far beyond our school’s control. As a group, I believe we can continue to manage COVID-19 issues at the school level, but it is critical as our Provincial Health Officer regularly mentions, that these guidelines are followed outside of the school as well. Thus far, your discretion and judgement has been outstanding and it has helped to maintain a safe school environment for all of us.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Mr. Dino Alberti