I hope you are all having wonderful summer break. Please take note of the following important information:
- September 4 – First Day of School
- School starts @ 8:55 am
- Welcome Back Assembly in the Gym for all Students @ 9 am
- Dismissal for all Students @ 2:05 pm
- Please ensure that your Child has a lunch
- Kindergarten Parents Meeting @ 6:30 pm in the Music Room (PARENTS ONLY)
- All Kindergarten Parents should refer to the Gradual Entry Schedule provided by the Teachers for the beginning of Sept. (Please refer to the Package handed out at the May Meeting)
- PLEASE NOTE THAT THE WALK-A-THON SIGN-UP SHEETS WILL BE POSTED AT THE NORTH ENTRANCE OF THE SCHOOL (The Doors the Students enter from in the Morning)
- September 4 – The TAC Program (After School Care Club) begins @ 2:15 pm for the First Day (Please refer to Mrs. Auld`s email for details)
- September 5 – Full Day of School (School starts @ 8:55 am & ends @ 2:55 pm)
- September 6 – School Mass @ 9:15 am in the Church
- September 6 – All Sports Team notices will be distributed
- September 9 – Holy Cross Annual Parish Salmon BBQ in the Afternoon from 3 to 7 pm. (A great variety of food and beverages will be available. A Giant Bouncy Slide will also be available for the Kids from 3 to 7 pm) The Event will take place on the School Grounds.
- September 10 – Professional Development Day (No Classes) This is a Staff Retreat / Faith Development Day
- September 11 – Holy Cross Annual Walk-a-thon Annual Kick-off Assembly & Information Sheets will be sent home (Titan`s Walk-a-thon – Oct. 5)
- September 12– Annual Holy Cross, “Meet the Teachers Night”
- Gr. 7 Camp Information Meeting @ 6:30 pm for Gr.7 Parents in the Gr. 7 Class
- Gr. 6 HPV Vaccine Information Meeting for Parents of Gr. 6 Girls @ 6:30 pm in the Gr. 6 Class
- General Meeting @ 7 pm in the Gym for all Parents
- Meet the Teachers Session # 1 @ 7:35 pm (In your Child`s Classroom)
- Meet the Teachers Session # 1 repeated @ 8:05 pm for Parents with Children in other grades
- Gr. 7 Band Program Presentation will be at 8:05pm in the Gym (*Please note that Gr. 7 will only have one Meet the Teachers Session, in order to accommodate the other two Gr. 7 Presentations on that evening)
- September 19 – Hot Lunch Program begins ( More details will be forthcoming in the next few weeks)
**Please mark down the dates of our School Fundraisers this year (Annual Walk-a-thon on Friday, Oct. 5/ PSG Annual Parents “Oktoberfest” Dinner & Dance on Saturday, Oct. 27 / Holy Cross 60 th Anniversary Gala Dinner & Dance on Saturday, Feb. 9/ Holy Cross School Family Picnic on Sunday, May 26) **Please note the Holy Cross 7th Annual Parish Golf Tournament will be held on Friday, May 10.
**Please mark down the dates of our Vacation Breaks this year (Christmas Break starts @ Noon on Dec. 21 to Jan. 7, when School re-opens @ 8:55 am / Spring Break starts on Mar. 15 @ 5 pm to Apr. 1, when School re-opens @ 8:55am / Easter Weekend starts on Apr. 18 @ Noon to Apr. 23, when School re-opens at 8:55 am / Last Day of School on June 27)
**Please mark down the dates of our Professional Days this year (Sept. 10 – Full Day / Nov. 23 – Full Day / Feb. 14 & 15 – Catholic Educators Conference Full Days / Feb. 18 Provincial Family Day Holiday / Feb. 19 – Full Day / May 10 – Half Day / May 17 – Full Day / June 10 – Half Day / June 26 – Half Day)
**Please note that Gym Strip will be sold on Sept. 4 (2:10 to 2:40 pm) Sept. 5 & 6 (3 to 3:30 pm) & Sept. 14 (3 to 3:30 pm) . The Gym Strip will be sold on the Gym Stage. Please contact Diana Gaita @ 604-910-3372, if you have any further questions.
**Please note, that this year we will continue to ask all our Students, to bring home the entire contents of their Lunch Bags at the end of each day. This initiative is to increase School-wide awareness of Recycling & Respecting Our Environment.
Looking forward to another memorable year with great anticipation,
Mr. Dino Alberti