I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas vacation. Please take note of the following important information:
- Dec. 27 – Titan`s Annual Christmas Break Basketball Clinic for those Boys & Girls from Gr. 5 to 7 involved in our Basketball Program. (GIRLS @ 9 to 10:30 am / BOYS @ 10:30 am to 12 Noon)
- Jan. 7, 2019 – School Re-opens @ 8:55 am & dismissal will be @ 2:55 pm
- Jan. 7 – Gr. 5, 6 & 7 Regular Season Basketball Program begins (Please refer to Mrs. Crescenzo`s Practice and Game Schedule)
- Jan. 7 – Guest Speaker from Transit Security to visit Gr. 6 & Gr. 7
- Jan. 8 – High Touch / High Tech presentation in Gr. 7 from 1 to 2:45 pm
- Jan. 8 – Gr. 5 vs Gr. 6 Exhibition Basketball Games in our Gym (Boys @ 3 pm & Girls @ 3:30 pm)
- Jan. 8 – Gr. 7 Confirmation Program Candidate & Sponsor Meeting @ 7 pm in the Gym
- Jan. 9 – Holy Cross Alumni Students currently attending STM, will be visiting our Gr. 6 & Gr. 7 Classes @ 11 am
- Jan. 9 – Hot Lunch Day (Chicken Burgers)
- Jan. 10 – School Mass @ 9:15 am in the Church
- Jan. 11 – Interviews for Kindergarten Families wishing to enter our School in Sept., 2019 will take place from 9 am to 6 pm in the Church Basement.
- Jan. 11 – Altar Servers Pizza & Movie Appreciation Night in our Gym from 5:30 to 9 pm (*This is event will be hosted by Holy Cross Parish)
*Please mark your Calendars for the Holy Cross 60th Anniversary Gala Dinner, Dance, & Auction at the Croatian Center on Feb. 9, 2019 (Tickets are now available at the School Office and through your Class Ticket Seller. Only 400 Tickets will be sold & please note that 150 tickets have already been purchased)
*Congratulations to Mr. DeFazio, Miss Cantafio, the Staff and all our Students for the outstanding job they did in the preparation and performances of the Annual Titan`s Christmas Musical on Dec. 19 & 20.
*Back in early September, Mr. Zucchetto notified us of his intention to pursue a different career path in the area of Public Service effective Jan. 15, 2019. The PEC honoured his request and I am informing you that his last day at our School will be Jan. 15. We want to sincerely thank Lucas Zucchetto for his years of dedicated service to the Children of our School and wish him the very best in his future endeavours. We are happy to announce that Joseph Gabriele will be our new Phys. Educ. Teacher. Mr. Gabriele is a Graduate of SFU and has been shadowing Mr. Zucchetto in recent months, in an effort to make the transition as smooth as possible.
*My heartfelt gratitude goes out to our School Community, for their overwhelming support of all our mission outreach programs throughout the Christmas Season. The emphasis on “community” was certainly evident, when it was most needed.
Wishing you God`s blessings at Christmas & throughout the New Year,
Mr. Dino Alberti