I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
- Feb. 9 – Holy Cross 60th Anniversary Gala Dinner, Dance, & Auction at the Croatian Center on Feb. 9, 2019 from 6 pm to 1 am. (A very special thank you goes out to our Gala Committee & the numerous volunteers under the direction of Nancy Scaglione, for their hard work in the preparation and organization of this wonderful upcoming community celebration!)
- Feb. 11 to 15 – Catholic Schools Week throughout the CISVA
- Feb. 11 – Catholic Schools Week Kick-off Assembly at 9:05 am in the Gym
- Feb. 11 – Gr. 5 Boys and Girls Basketball Games vs Our Lady of Mercy in our Gym (Boys @ 2:45 pm & Girls @ 3:20 pm)
- Feb. 12 – Student Council`s Annual Valentine`s Colours Day & Dance (The Students will be eating Lunch @ 11:45 am and the Dance will start @ Noon. Please come to School Dressed in your favourite Valentine`s Colours and kindly bring a Loonie, if you wish to enter the Lucky Prize Draw in support of the Gr. 7 Graduation.)
- Feb. 13 – Gr. 6 & 7 Choir Students performing at the Notre Dame Regional Secondary Feeder Schools Choir Festival from 9:30 am to 12:30 pm in the N.D. Auditorium (The Students will be leaving the School @ 9 am and will be eating their Hot Lunches upon their return)
- Feb. 14 & 15 – CISVA Catholic Educators Conference (No Classes)
- Feb. 18 – Provincial Family Day Holiday (No Classes)
- Feb. 19 – Professional Development Day (No Classes)
**Please note that the Gr. 2 Class will be receiving the Sacrament of Holy Communion on (Sat.) April 27 and the Gr. 7 Class will be receiving the Sacrament of Confirmation on (Fri.) May 3.
**Please note that the Annual Holy Cross Parish Golf Tournament will take place @ Riverway Golf Course on May 10 (More details will be forthcoming)
**There have been no new of cases of lice reported in the Community over the past week and we are kindly asking our Parents to continue to carefully check their Child’s hair and to visit your local pharmacist for treatment options, if any visible symptoms exist.
**In the event of “Poor Winter Weather Conditions”, please do the following for School Closure Information: 1) Check the School Website & Parent Updates, 2) Listen to CKNW 980 on your AM Dial, & 3) Wait for a call from your Class Phoning Parent.
Wishing you God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti