Term 2 hot lunch runs from February – June 2020. Ordering will be open from Dec. 6, 2019 – Jan. 10, 2020 only. Late orders or changes are not able to be accepted beyond this date. Please remember that Term 1 lunches still run until the end of January 2020 (you can view your existing orders online).
The hot lunches for Term 2 are as follows:
- pizza – choice of cheese, pepperoni or hawaiian (2 of the same slices per order)
- grilled cheese – with ham or without ham
- hot dog – jumbo all beef hot dog on a white bun
- chicken burger – with or without cheese on a white bun
- chicken strips – breaded white meat chicken strips with a white bun
- pasta day – penne pasta in meat or white sauce with garlic bread, snack (cookie or similar) and juice only
- Ash Wednesday pancake lunch – includes pancakes, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, and juice only
All meals, except where noted, come with chips or a sweet snack (various) and a choice of apple juice, 2% milk or reduced sugar chocolate milk. Meal cost is $6.00. We are able to offer an extra chicken burger, grilled cheese or hot dog for an additional $2.00 to the regular meal price.
IMPORTANT: Ash Wednesday (celebrated on Tuesday) February 25 & Sports Day (Friday) June 5 are complimentary hot lunches. Even if you don’t want any other hot lunches, please register online and only order the complimentary lunches so we have accurate numbers for preparation.
ORDERING DUE DATE: Sunday, January 10, 2020
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Kindly contact Ebony Marconato with questions regarding the hot lunch program and Pina Fernandes for any Munch a Lunch ordering issues and the school office for payment questions.
Thank you for your continued support!
TERM 2 – ORDERING INSTRUCTIONS:
- Login – returning parents go to https://munchalunch.com/
schools/HolyCrossElementary and log in to your existing account. There is a “forgot password” link below the login button (if needed).
- Place Your Order – choose your child’s name click through the steps to order the items your child would like for each date. You are able to edit your order anytime between December 21 to January 10, 2020, but changes will not be able to be made after that. You can view your order online in your account, and will be emailed a reminder the day before any hot lunch you have ordered. Due to bulk ordering, changes can NOT be made after the deadline of January 10, 2020.
- Payment – please submit a cheque or cash to the school office or class teacher for your payment, ONE cheque per family is preferred. Please do NOT put cheques in envelopes but do write your Hot Lunch ORDER NUMBER(S) or child’s name in the memo part of the cheque.
Go to https://munchalunch.com/schools/HolyCrossElementary/ to either register an account for your family, or to login to your existing account. You will set up all of your children within the one account, and each will be linked by their grade.
- choose your child’s name click through the steps to order the items your child would like for each date.
- Each meal includes a snack and a drink. If your child does not want to have either the snack or the drink you can choose the “no drink” or “no snack” item to complete the combo. The cost however, will remain the same.
- For hot dogs and chicken burgers there is an option to purchase an additional meal item for $2. This option is only available after you choose the main combo item.
- When you select the menu items from the left, you need to then click the ADD arrow in the middle to finish the process for that date. You will see the items ordered on the right side of the screen.
- Click next to go to the next date, or use the drop down menu to skip to a certain date.
- Click “show calendar” at the bottom for a calendar view of all lunches.
- After you have ordered what you want for each hot lunch date, there will be a review page with an option to go back and edit or continue.
- The next screen allows you another chance to delete any unwanted dates (for example, for the Grade 7 field trip Nov. 6 – 8).
- There is then one more screen, with your child’s name at the top, to review exactly what was ordered, the total cost, and a button to go back and edit or submit your order. When you press submit you will be emailed a copy of your order.
- You can leave some dates blank if you are unsure and go back to add them before the due date, but once ordered, you will need to contact a hot lunch coordinator to change or delete a selection. Due to bulk ordering, changes may not be possible after the deadline of September 11, 2019.
- The day before each week’s hot lunch you will be sent an email reminder of what you ordered for each child.
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Kindly contact Ebony Marconato with questions regarding the hot lunch program and Pina Fernandes for ordering issues and the school office for payment questions.
Thank you for your continued support!
Hot Lunch Coordinators