Welcome to a new school year! We will once again be offering a series of hot lunches for
children in Grades K-7 every Wednesday beginning September 19, 2018. The only
exception this term is the Walkathon, Friday, October 5, 2018. There will be a
complimentary hot dog, juice and Lay’s chips after the walk instead of hot lunch on
Wednesday that week.
The hot lunches will include the following:
- Chicken Burger with or without cheese on a white bun
- Jumbo All Beef hot dog on a white bun
- Breaded white meat chicken strips with a white bun
- Pizza – choice of cheese, pepperoni or Hawaiian (2 of the same slices per order)
- Subway sandwich on a white bun with choice of turkey, ham, salami or veggie
(tomato, lettuce, cucumber), with or without cheese. All sandwiches will come
with lettuce and tomato but no sauces and a Subway chocolate chip cookie.
- Pasta Day – Penne pasta in meat or white sauce w/garlic bread, snack (cookie or
similar) and juice only.
All meals, except where noted, come with chips or a sweet snack (various) and a choice
of apple juice, 2% milk or reduced sugar chocolate milk. Meal cost is $6.00. We are
able to offer an extra chicken burger or hot dog for an additional $2.00 to the regular
Returning parents, you can use your existing account information. There is a “forgot
password” link below the login button (if needed). New parents, please set up one
account per family. ALL parents will need to choose the grade that each child is now in
so their orders will go to the correct classroom.
Please go to https://munchalunch.com/schools/holycrosselementary/ for the ordering
process. All lunches for term 1 need to be ordered by Thursday, September 13, 2018.
No late additions will be accepted. Please submit a cheque or cash to the school office
or class teacher for your payment, one cheque per family is preferred. Please do NOT
put cheques in envelopes but do write your child’s family name and HOT LUNCH in the
Memo part of the cheque.
IMPORTANT: Each term there is at least one complimentary hot lunch. Even if you
don’t want any other lunches, please register online and only order the complimentary
lunch so we have accurate numbers for these lunches.
Go to https://munchalunch.com/schools/holycrosselementary/ to either register an
account for your family, or to login to your existing account. You will set up all of your
children within the one account, and each will be linked by their grade.
- choose your child’s name click through the steps to order the items your child
would like for each date.
- Each meal includes a snack and a drink. If your child does not want to have
either the snack or the drink you can choose the “no drink” or “no snack” item to
complete the combo. The cost however, will remain the same.
- For hot dogs and chicken burgers there is an option to purchase an additional
meal item for $2. This option is only available after you choose the main combo
- When you select the menu items from the left, you need to then click the ADD
arrow in the middle to finish the process for that date. You will see the items
ordered on the right side of the screen.
- Click next to go to the next date, or use the drop down menu to skip to a certain
- Click “show calendar” at the bottom for a calendar view of all lunches.
- After you have ordered what you want for each hot lunch date, there will be a
review page with an option to go back and edit or continue.
- The next screen allows you another chance to delete any unwanted dates (for
example, for the Grade 7 field trip Nov. 7 – 10).
- There is then one more screen, with your child’s name at the top, to review
exactly what was ordered, the total cost, and a button to go back and edit or
submit your order. When you press submit you will be emailed a copy of your
- You can leave some dates blank if you are unsure and go back to add them
before the due date, but once ordered, you will need to contact a hot lunch
coordinator to change or delete a selection. Due to bulk ordering, changes may
not be possible after the deadline of September 13, 2018.
- The day before each week’s hot lunch you will be sent an email reminder of what
you ordered for each child.
DUE DATE: Thursday, September 13, 2018
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Kindly contact Ebony
Marconato with questions regarding the hot lunch program and Johanna Mustapic for
ordering issues and the school office for payment questions.
Thank you for your continued support!
Ebony Marconato (email@example.com)
Johanna Mustapic (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Hot Lunch Coordinators