HOLY CROSS ELEMENTARY HOT LUNCH PROGRAM (Sept 2020)
Welcome to a new school year! We will once again be offering a series of hot lunches for children in Grades K-7 every Wednesday beginning September 23, 2020. The only exceptions this term are the Walkathon, Friday, October 09, 2020 – where there will be a complimentary McDonald’s hamburger, a drink and Lay’s chips after the walk instead of hot lunch on Wednesday that week.
This year’s hot lunch menu is a choice of cheese, pepperoni or hawaiian pizza (2 of the same slices per order). All meals, except where noted, come with chips or a sweet snack (various) and a choice of apple juice, 2% milk or reduced sugar chocolate milk. Meal cost is $6.00 each.
Munch A Lunch Online Ordering:
Returning parents, you can use your existing account information. There is a “forgot password” link below the login button (if needed).
New parents, please set up one account per family.
ALL parents will need to choose the grade that each child is registered for the 2020/21 school year in so their hot lunch orders will go to the correct classroom.
All hot lunches for Term 1 (September to January) need to be ordered by Tuesday, September 15, 2020. No late submissions will be accepted.
Payment, please submit a cheque or cash to the school office or class teacher for your payment, ONE cheque per family is preferred. Please do NOT put cheques in envelopes but do write your hot lunch ORDER NUMBER(S) or child’s name in the memo part of the cheque.
IMPORTANT: Each term there is at least one complimentary hot lunch. Even if you don’t want any other lunches, please register online and only order the complimentary lunch so we have accurate numbers for these lunches.
Please visit: https://munchalunch.com/schools/HolyCrossElementary/ to either register a new account for your family (new families), or to login to your existing account (returning families). You will set up all of your children within the one account, and each will be linked by their grade.
- choose your child’s name click through the steps to order the items your child would like for each date.
- Each meal includes a snack and a drink. If your child does not want to have either the snack or the drink you can choose the “no drink” or “no snack” item to complete the combo. The cost however, will remain the same.
- When you select the menu items from the left, you need to then click the ADD arrow in the middle to finish the process for that date. You will see the items ordered on the right side of the screen.
- Click NEXT to go to the next date, or use the drop down menu to skip to a certain date.
- Click “show calendar” at the bottom for a calendar view of all lunches.
- After you have ordered what you want for each hot lunch date, there will be a review page with an option to go back and edit or continue.
- The next screen allows you another chance to delete any unwanted dates
- There is then one more screen, with your child’s name at the top, to review exactly what was ordered, the total cost, and a button to go back and edit or submit your order. When you press submit you will be emailed a copy of your order.
- You can leave some dates blank if you are unsure and go back to add them before the ordering due date, but once ordered, you will need to contact a hot lunch coordinator to change or delete a selection. Due to bulk ordering, changes may not be possible after the deadline of September 15, 2020.
- The day before each week’s hot lunch the MunchaLunch system will send you an automated email reminder of what you ordered for each child.
ORDERING DEADLINE: Tuesday, September 15, 2020
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Kindly contact Ebony Marconato with questions regarding the hot lunch program and Pina Fernandes for ordering issues and the school office for payment questions.
Thank you for your continued support in the hot lunch program at Holy Cross!
Hot Lunch Coordinators