I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
- Jan. 21 to Feb. 12 – Basketball League Games for Gr. 5, 6 & 7 Boys & Girls (Please refer to Mrs. Crescenzo`s Schedule)
- Jan. 25 – Basketball Skill Development Sessions (7:45 to 8:20 am Girls / 8:20 to 8:55 am Boys)
- Jan. 27 – Knights of Columbus Pancake Breakfast after all Morning Masses
- Jan. 28 — Family Literacy Day (Pyjama & Favourite Stuffed Toy Day) Please refer to Mrs. Kozikowski`s Memo for details
- Jan. 28 – Notre Dame Regional Secondary Band visit at 11 am in our Gym
- Jan. 29 – Student Council’s “Favourite Jersey Day.” Please come dressed this day in your favourite Sports Team jersey (or a T-shirt with a sports team logo) and kindly bring a toonie in support of Grade 7 Graduation if you wish to be entered into the Lucky Prize Draw.
- Jan. 29 – Grades 4/5 Altar Servers Training from 9:05 to 9:50 am
- Jan. 29 – Gr. 6 Boys and Girls Basketball Games vs. St. Francis de Sales in our Gym (Boys @ 2:30 pm / “Girls” @ 3:30 pm)
- Jan. 29 – Gr. 5 Boys and Girls Basketball Games @ St. Francis de Sales (Boys leaving @ 2:30 pm for a 2:45 pm start / Girls leaving @ 2:50 pm for a 3:30 pm start)
- Jan. 29 – Burnaby North High School Open House from 6:30 to 8:15 pm
- Jan. 30 – Hot Lunch day (pizza)
- Jan. 30 – Gr. 7 Girls Basketball Tournament @ St. Pius (Leaving @ noon for 1st game at 12:45 pm)
- Jan. 31 – Gr. 7 Field trip to Notre Dame for the play “Run for the Money.” (Leaving @ 11:15 am / Returning by 2:30 pm)
- Jan. 31 – Gr. 5 Girls Basketball Tournament @ OLS (Leaving @ 11:30 am for 1st Game @ 12 pm) Please refer to Mrs. Crescenzo’s Memo for details
- Jan. 31 – Gr. 7 Boys “Team 1” and Girls Basketball Games vs. O.L. Mercy in our Gym (Boys “Team 1” @ 2:30 pm / Girls @ 3:30 pm)
- Feb. 1 – Gr. 5 Boys Tournament @ OLS (Leaving @ 11 am for 1st Game @ 11:30 am) Please refer to Mrs. Crescenzo’s Memo for details
- Feb. 1 – Gr. 7 Boys “Team 1” Basketball Tournament @ St. Pius (Leaving @ noon for 1st Game @ 12:45 pm)
** Please note that the Gr. 2 First Holy Communion Mass will take place on Sat. Apr. 27, 2019 @ 1 pm & that the Gr. 7 Confirmation Mass will take place on Fri. May 3, 2019 @ 7 pm.
**There have been a couple of cases of lice reported in the Community and we ask Parents to carefully check their Child’s hair and to visit your local pharmacist for treatment option, if any visible symptoms exist.
**Please mark your Calendars for the Holy Cross 60th Anniversary Gala Dinner, Dance, & Auction at the Croatian Center on Feb. 9, 2019 (Tickets are available at the School Office & only 400 Tickets will be sold. Please note that just over 350 tickets have already been purchased.)
**In the event of “Poor Winter Weather Conditions”, please do the following for School Closure Information: 1) Check the School Website & Parent Updates, 2) Listen to CKNW 980 on your AM Dial, & 3) Wait for a call from your Class Phoning Parent.
Wishing you God`s blessings throughout the New Year,
Mr. Dino Alberti