Please take note of the following important information…
- Friday, January 8
- Kindergarten interviews for new K families. Sibling families are not included in this process.
- Monday, January 11 – Friday, January 15
- Please refer to the Basketball Practice schedule sent home for practices during this week.
- Monday, January 11
- Study Skills resumes
- Wednesday, January 13
- Hot Lunch (Pizza)
- Friday, January 15
- Deadline for Term 2 Hot Lunch Order and Payment
- Monday, January 18
- Provincial Foundation Skill Assessments begin in Grade 4 and Grade 7
*Holy Cross Parish Envelopes for 2021 are available for pick up in the Church foyer. School parents are reminded to please pick them up.
*This year’s Pub Night will be in the new format of a virtual silent auction and raffle accompanied by a special variety style show running over the dates of February 19 – 23. We invite all interest and donations to be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to having your virtual attendance at this event. A letter to families with more detail will be sent out in the weeks to come.
*There are still a few DVDs from our Christmas Musical available in the school office for $15 if you would like to purchase one for yourself or a family member.
*With the onset of winter weather conditions, please take notice of the following procedures if school closures become necessary:
- Step One: Check the Holy Cross School website
- Step Two: Look in your emails for a Parent Notification
- Step Three: Listen to CKNW 980AM
- Step Four: Wait for a call from your phoning parent
*Our sincere gratitude goes out to our families at Holy Cross School for continuing to follow the protocols laid out in our 2020 Health & Safety Plan. We continue to advise families of our school community to err on the side of caution when deciding to send your children to school. We strongly recommend you keep your child at home if they are sick or if they present any symptoms listed on the COVID-19 checklist. In light of the most current press release from Dr. Bonnie Henry, I continue to commend our school community for their responsible cooperation with our Health & Safety Guidelines and I strongly urge our parents to continue with their diligence in this area. As a group, I believe we can continue to manage COVID-19 issues at the school level, but it is critical as our Provincial Health Officer regularly mentions that these guidelines are followed outside of the school as well. Thus far, your discretion and judgement has been outstanding and it has helped to maintain a safe school environment for all of us.
Wishing you the very best in 2021,
Mr. Dino Alberti