Good evening Everyone,
Please take note of the following important information…
- Tuesday, March 30 to Monday, April 12
- As part of our Archdiocesan Program for Human Sexuality, Holy Cross School will be offering a parental production entitled “Screenagers” that will be accessible to the Grade 4 to 7 Families. Please note once again that this is for adults only and it is intended to create a discussion piece for you and your child(children) to follow-up. A link has been sent out via email on Tuesday afternoon. The rights to show this production were purchased by Holy Cross School and sharing this link with anyone outside of the Holy Cross School Community is prohibited. Please also note that a Parent Guide with discussion topics has been included in the email sent Tuesday.
- Thursday, April 1
- Stations of the Cross Paraliturgy
- Holy Thursday – Early dismissal
- K & Gr. 1 – 11:45am
- Gr. 2 & 3 – 11:50am
- Gr. 4 & 5 – 11:55am
- Gr. 6 & 7 – 12:00pm
- No TAC on this day
- Friday, April 2
- Good Friday (No Classes)
- Sunday, April 4
- Monday, April 5
- Easter Monday (No Classes)
- Tuesday, April 6
- School resumes at 8:55am
- Gr. 4-7 Girls Soccer begins with modified training activities within educational cohorts (please refer to Girls Soccer memo for schedule)
- Gr. 5-7 Boys Badminton begins with modified training activities within educational cohorts (please refer to Boys Badminton memo for schedule)
- Wednesday, April 7
- Hot Lunch (Pizza)
- Monday, April 12
- Term 3 Study Skills resumes
*As of Wednesday Evening, the School has been advised by the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, and our Superintendent’s Office that masks for Students in Grades 4-12 are expected to be worn indoors at school. Kindergarten – Grade 3 Students are encouraged to wear masks but are not expected at this point in time. Please understand that these are ministerial orders and compliance is an expectation. If your child has a medical reason to not wear their masks, please send a note in to your child’s teacher.
*A kind reminder to all of our families (particularly on days of good weather) that our students should be picked up and brought to the cars as soon as possible in an effort to ensure minimal social gathering and proper social distancing at pick-up times. A very special thank you to all the parents and grandparents who are wearing their mask during the pick-up times. Your cooperation is much appreciated.
*Our sincere gratitude goes out to our families at Holy Cross School for continuing to follow the protocols laid out in our 2020 Health & Safety Plan. We continue to advise families of our school community to err on the side of caution when deciding to send your children to school. Please note that there is an updated “Daily Health Check” posted on the school website. We strongly recommend you keep your child at home if they are sick or if they present any symptoms listed on the COVID-19 checklist. In light of the latest press conference held by Dr. Bonnie Henry, we are very pleased with how well our school has been able to conform with the guidelines as laid out in the BCCDC Health & Safety Checklist. We have gone through the lengthy documentation and have made some minor adjustments in our school’s Health & Safety Plan. I continue to commend our school community for their responsible cooperation with our Health & Safety Guidelines and I strongly urge our parents to continue with their diligence in this area. I would like to extend my sincerest gratitude to the Staff of Holy Cross School for doing their utmost in managing Covid issues on a daily basis. It is important to note that some of our most current Covid-related situations at the school are directly related to external scenarios which are far beyond our school’s control. As a group, I believe we can continue to manage COVID-19 issues at the school level, but it is critical as our Provincial Health Officer regularly mentions, that these guidelines are followed outside of the school as well. Your compliance in this matter will be extremely important during the Easter Long Weekend. Thus far, your discretion and judgement has been outstanding and it has helped to maintain a safe school environment for all of us.
Have a blessed Easter Weekend,
Mr. Dino Alberti