I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
- May 10 – Early Dismissal Day for all Students @ 12:05 pm (*No TAC on this day)
- May 10 – Holy Cross Annual Parish Golf Tournament @ Riverway Golf Course (Please refer to the Parish Office for further details)
- May 13 – Annual Gr. 3 to 7 Mercer Stadium Track Meet (Please note that the Students will be leaving @ 10 am with the Bus/ Parent Drivers and Parents are responsible for making arrangements to have their children picked up @ Mercer Stadium by 2:45 pm. Students are also kindly reminded to pack a healthy lunch and to dress appropriately for the weather.)
- May 14 – Annual Gr. 5 Field Trip to Victoria (The Students will be leaving @ 7 am sharp and should be returning to the School by approximately 7:45 pm) Please refer to the Memo issued by the Gr. 5 Teachers for further information.
- May 14 – Gr. 2 High Touch / High Tech Presentation from 9 am to 12 Noon
- May 14 – Gr. 6 Electrical Safety Presentation @ 9 am
- May 14 – Ready, Set, Learn Presentation from 9:30 to 10:30 am in the Gr. 1 Class (For Parents of 3 and 4 year old Children, who have already preregistered)
- May 15 – Student Council`s, “Favourite Shorts and T-Shirt Day” (Please feel free to come to School dressed in your Favourite Shorts and T-Shirt & kindly remember to bring a Loonie, if you wish to enter the Lucky Prize draw.)
- May 15 – Hot Lunch Day (Pasta)
- May 15 – Gr. 3 to 7 Track Practice @ Burnaby North Oval from 3:15 to 4:15 pm
- May 16 – Gr. 6 Annual World Feast Day Activities from 9:15 to 12 Noon
- May 16 – Gr. 3 to 7 Track Practice @ Burnaby North Oval from 3:15 to 4:15 pm
- May 17 – Professional Development Day (No Classes)
- May 20 – Victoria Day Holiday (No Classes)
**Please mark your Calendars for the Annual Holy Cross Family Picnic on Sunday, May 26 from 1 to 5 pm on the School Grounds (Come and enjoy a great day of Fun, Food & Entertainment) Please note that we have now issued all our books of Raffle Tickets and we are very pleased by the enthusiastic response exhibited by our School Community. If you have any unsold books of tickets at home,
please return them by Thursday, May 16.
**It is with heavy hearts that we are announcing that Father Maciej & Father Chris will be moving on to St. Clare`s Parish in Coquitlam as of July 2019. We wish to thank them from the bottom of our hearts, for their dedicated service to our Parish and School Community over the past years. We welcome our new Pastor Father Paul Szczur from Our Lady of the Rosary on Vancouver Island and our new Asst. Pastor Father Konrad Zaborowski from St. Helen`s, as of July 2019.
**If there are any people interested in becoming members of the School`s Fundraising Groups, Parent Support Group or Parish Education Committee in the future years, please feel free to contact Mr. Alberti in the School Office.
Wishing you God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti