Good evening everyone,
Please take note of the following important information…
- Friday, May 28
- Spring Raffle Bingo for Grades 1, 2, 3, & 6. Students in these grades are asked to bring to school a donation of a non-perishable food item for the Food Bank. (Grades K, 4, 5 and 7 had their Spring Raffle Bingo yesterday.)
- Wear Your Favourite Holy Cross T-Shirt Day
- As part of spirit building for our Spring Raffle, students are welcome to come to school wearing their favourite Holy Cross T-Shirt on this date. Please note that the rest of Spring Uniform is still in effect. Students are invited to bring in a loonie if they wish to be included in the Lucky Prize Draw.
- Saturday, May 29
- Knights of Columbus Bike Drive in the parking lot (9:30am-3pm). Contact the Parish for further details.
- Monday, May 31 – Thursday, June 3
- Final week and fun meets for Gr. 3-7 Boys & Girls Track & Field with modified training activities within educational cohorts (Please refer to Miss Campbell’s Track & Field memo for the schedule.)
- Monday, May 31
- Spring Raffle Draw
- Raffle winners will be contacted by the school and announced by the end of the day.
- A very special thank you once again to our school community as close to $11,000 was raised for the students of our school. Our sincere gratitude also goes out to Mrs. Giovinazzo, Mrs. Zumpano, Mrs. Bratanic, and Mrs. Colibaba for their hard work and dedication to this very successful fundraiser.
- Spring Raffle Draw
- Wednesday, June 2
- Sports Day Colours Day
- Students are encouraged to come to school in clothing that represents all four sports day colours (red, green, blue and yellow). Students are invited to bring in a loonie if they wish to be included in the Lucky Prize Draw.
- Grade 1 High Touch, High Tech In-Class Presentation
- Please note that there will NOT be Hot Lunch today, as it will take place on Friday instead for Sports Day.
- Sports Day Colours Day
- Friday, June 4
- Sports Day Activities within education cohorts
- Students are asked to come to school dressed in their assigned house colour and to wear running shoes.
- Hot Lunch (hamburger lunch compliments of the Hot Lunch Program)
*It appears that we’ve corrected the trend with the current Covid-19 cases in the North Burnaby community and things have been a lot more positive these past few weeks. I truly believe this is a result of more families adhering to the most recent guidelines issued by our health authorities and I am extremely grateful for this.
*In order to provide a safe learning environment for your children, we ask that you continue to abide by the orders of the Provincial Health Officer when arranging indoor play dates and activities. We thank you in advance for your due diligence in this area.
*A kind reminder to all of our families (particularly on days of good weather) that our students should be picked up and brought to the cars as soon as possible in an effort to ensure minimal social gathering and proper social distancing at pick-up times. A very special thank you to all the parents and grandparents who are wearing masks during the pick-up times. Your cooperation is much appreciated.
*As of Wednesday, March 31, the School was advised by the Ministry of Health, Ministry of Education, and our Superintendent’s Office that masks for Students in Grades 4-12 are expected to be worn indoors at school. Kindergarten – Grade 3 Students are encouraged to wear masks but are not expected at this point in time. Please understand that these are ministerial orders and compliance is an expectation. If your child has a medical reason to not wear their masks, please send a note in to your child’s teacher.
*Our sincere gratitude continues to go out to our families at Holy Cross School for continuing to follow the protocols laid out in our 2020 Health & Safety Plan. We continue to advise families of our school community to err on the side of caution when deciding to send your children to school. Please pay particular attention to the updated “Daily Health Check” posted on the school website. We strongly recommend that you keep your child at home if they are sick. If anyone in your family is presenting symptoms of the virus, it is important to get tested and that family members stay home until they are cleared to return. As stated in numerous past memos, it is better to err on the side of caution.
*Kindly note that Holy Cross School must adhere to strict guidelines from Fraser Health and the Provincial Health Authority in regards to any COVID-19 related issues (re. notifications for exposures, isolations, clearance to return to school, privacy matters, etc…).
*My sincerest gratitude continues to go out to the Staff of Holy Cross School for doing their utmost in managing Covid issues on a daily basis.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend,
Mr. Dino Alberti