I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
Monday, May 7
- Gr. 3 to 7 HCS Friendship Meet @ Town Centre from 11:15 am to 3 pm.(The Students will be leaving on the Bus & with Parent Drivers @ 9:45 am.Please note that Parents are responsible for arranging their rides home at the end of the Meet.)
Tuesday, May 8
- Gr. 3 to 7 Track and Field Practices continue (Please refer to Mr. Zucchetto`s and Miss Manfron`s Letter for the Morning, Lunch & Afterschool Practice Schedule)
- Student Council’s “Flower Power Day.”Students are invited to come to School dressed in floral colours and prints.Students are asked to donate a loonie if they wish to be entered into the Lucky Prize Draw.All proceeds will go toward Gr. 7 Graduation.
- Gr. 6 Boys and Girls Puberty Talk from 12:45 to 1:45 pm
Wednesday, May 9
- Grade 6 Immunizations
- Gr. 7 Field Trip to Notre Dame to watch “We Will Rock You”(Leaving @11:25 am & returning by2:55 pm)The Gr. 7 Students will eat their Hot Lunch at 11 am.
- Hot Lunch Day (Chicken Strips)
Thursday, May 10
- Holy Cross Annual Mother’s Day Mass / Crowning of Mary @ 1 pm in the Church (A Mother’s Day Tea with Refreshments and Treats for Mothers, Grandmothers and Guests in the Gym to follow the Mass.)
Friday, May 11
- Second Holy Cross Picnic Raffle Ticket Incentive Prize Draw
- Half-Day Pro-D with dismissal at 12:05 pm
- Holy Cross Annual Parish Golf Tournament and Dinner at Riverway Golf Course in Burnaby
- May 12 – Knight of Columbus Bicycle Drive and Bike Clinic from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm on our School Grounds
- May 13 – Mother’s Day
- Please note that Registration for the Annual Holy Cross Parish Golf Tournament on the Afternoon of May 11th is closed. We are extremely proud to announce that the event is SOLD OUT! A special thanks to all those people who registered for this Parish Fundraising Event. Please ensure that all outstanding fees are paid.
- Congratulations to our Gr. 2 Students who received the Sacrament of First Holy Communion on April 28.
- Please mark your Calendars for the Holy Cross School Annual Family Picnic on May 27, from 1 to 5 pm on our School grounds.
- Please note that books of Raffle Tickets were sent home this week. (We are kindly asking all Families to do their best to sell at least one book of Tickets. Your family will be entered into a weekly Incentive Draw if a “full book” of Tickets is sold and returned by Friday Morning of each week leading up to the Picnic. Thanks in advance for your support. The deadline for Money / Ticket Stubs is Tuesday May 22nd.)
- Please continue to check your Child`s Hair for Head Lice. If there are any visible symptoms, please visit your Local Pharmacist for treatment options. Your continued cooperation is greatly appreciated.
Wishing you God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti