I hope you all have a wonderful long weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
- Nov. 16 & 17 – Holy Cross Parish CWL Annual Christmas Market in our Gym (Stop in for Lunch, Desserts and a variety of Christmas Crafts) Saturday from 10 am to 3 pm & Sunday from 9 am to 2pm)
- Nov. 17 – First Holy Communion Enrolment Mass @ 10 am in the Church
- Nov. 18 – Gr. 6 Field Trip to the Macmillan Space Center in Vancouver (The Students will be leaving @ 9:15 am and returning @ 2:45 pm)
- Nov. 18 – Deadline for ordering Students Photos from the Artona Photography Group.
- Nov. 19 – CISVA Boys Big Eight Volleyball Finals at the Harry Jerome Velodrome (The Gr. 5 & Gr. 7 Teams will meet at the School and leave together @ 9 am for their start times at 10:15 am & 10:30 am respectively. The Gr. 6 Team is being asked to meet directly at the Velodrome @ 8:30 am for their 9:15 am start time)
- Nov. 19 – Preseason Basketball Practices begin (Please refer to the Schedule being issued by Miss Campbell and Mr. DeFazio)
- Nov. 20 – Student Council`s, “Jersey Day”. Please feel free to come to School dressed in your favourite Sports Jersey or Sweat-top and please bring a Loonie, if you wish to enter the Lucky Prize Draw. All proceeds will go to RCAV Catholic Charities.
- Nov. 21 – School Mass @ 9:15 am in the Church
- Nov. 22 – CISVA Professional Development Day (No Classes)
- Nov. 23 – Roman Catholic Challenge Championship Tournament @ St. Matthew`s School in Surrey (Please refer to the Memo issued by Miss Francis for further details)
** Dear Parents, please pay attention to the following important safety information as it pertains to the new traffic regulations being implemented on Delta Ave in the next few weeks. Left turns in and out of our Parking Lot will no longer be permitted from 8:30 to 9:30 am & 2:30 to 3:30 pm. In short, if you are travelling south on Delta Ave from Parker St or Hastings St, you will need to select a street such as Northlawn and go right. You can follow that street to Southlawn or Brentlawn and get on to Delta Ave. from there and then make a right turn into our lot. If you are exiting our Parking Lot, you will only be able to make a right turn onto Delta Ave. This new regulation, which will also apply to Brentwood Park Elementary School & Preschool, has been initiated by the surrounding Schools, Preschools and the City of Burnaby. This is being put in place to make Delta Ave. safer for the Children of our Schools. This regulation will also be monitored and enforced by our local RCMP Officers. Please add some extra time to your commute, to help you cope with this adjustment. Your cooperation in regards to this new traffic regulation is greatly appreciated. These changes are a result of the close observation of the increasing traffic on Delta Ave over the past year. (We will be asking all our Parking Supervisors to fully implement these new regulations, effective Monday, Nov. 18. Please ensure that this information is also passed on to other Family members, who pick up or drop off your Children.)
Wishing you God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti