I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
- Nov. 30 – Deadline for Submission of Order Forms (with payment) for Photos with Santa
- Nov. 30 – Annual Scholastic Book Fair in the Gym from 9 am to 3:30 pm
- Nov. 30 – Kindergarten & Gr. 1 Field Trip to Carousel Theatre (Leaving @ 11:45 am & returning by 3 pm)
- Dec. 2 – First Sunday of Advent
- Dec. 2 – Parish Advent by Candlelight Celebration from 5 to 10 pm. The special guest speaker is Maria Moeller from Saint Francis of Assisi Parish. More information may be obtained from the Parish Office.
- Dec. 2 – Annual Scholastic Book Fair in the Gym from 9 am to 1:30 pm
- Dec. 4 – Deadline for Submission of Order Forms (with payment) for those who took Re-takes of the School Photos
- Dec. 4 to 10- Titan’s Annual Toy Drive for Children on the Lower East Side of Vancouver (You are invited to purchase a new toy not exceeding $15 in value and drop it off at the School Office. Student Council will deliver the toys to the Ray Cam Community Center on Dec. 12)
- Dec. 4 – Gr. 6 Field Trip to Rideau Manor (Leaving @ 12:50 pm and returning by 2:45 pm)
- Dec. 4 – High Touch / High Tech Presentation in Gr. 1 from 1:30 to 2:45 pm
- Dec. 5 – Hot Lunch Day (Chicken Strips)
- Dec. 6 – School Mass @ 9:15 am in the Church
- Dec. 6 – Grades 5, 6, & 7 Boys Basketball Jamboree vs. St. Michael’s @ Holy Cross from 2:30 to 4:!5 pm in the School Gym
- Dec. 6 – TAC Christmas Party from 3:15 to 5:15 pm (for those Students enrolled in TAC that day)
- Dec. 7 – Titan’s Annual Photos with Santa from 9:15 am to 12 Noon in the Front Foyer
- Only those Students taking Photos are permitted to come to School dressed in their Sunday Best.
- Those Students not taking Photos should come to School in their Full School Uniform.
- Those Students who wish to take Family Photos with Siblings not yet attending the School will go first @ 9:15 am.
- Dec. 10 – School Choir Singing @ Brentwood Mall (The Students will walk down to the Mall @ appx. 1:00 pm and return to the School by 2:50 pm. The Performance will begin @ appx. 1:20 pm.)
- Dec. 19 – Christmas Musical Dress Rehearsal @ 10 am (for Students only) / Matinee Performance @ 1 pm
- Dec. 20 – Christmas Musical Morning Performance @ 10 am / Evening Performance @ 7 pm
- Dec. 21 – Last day of School before Christmas Break (School Mass @ 9:05 am; Dismissal for all Students will be @ 11 am)
**Please note that from Dec. 3 to Dec. 14, the School Office will be taking names for New Kindergarten Families for 2019-2020. If you already have a child in the School and have a sibling coming in 2019, the School Office should have already been notified.
**Congratulations to all of the Students and Coaches in Roman Catholic Challenge who competed in the Championships last weekend. The Division 1 “Miracle Workers“ Team came in 2nd Place and the Division 2 “Servants of God” Team came in 3rd Place.
*Please mark your Calendars for the Holy Cross 60th Anniversary Gala Dinner, Dance, & Auction at the Croatian Cultural Center on Feb. 9, 2019 (Volunteer Sign-up Sheets are now posted in the North-east entrance of the School)
*A very special thank you to all of you for your prayers and sincere thoughts in reference to the passing of Nicole Hasselmann. The Family continues to ask for your prayers and to respect their privacy as the Authorities continue to work through the circumstances of her passing on Nov. 16. Please note that the Funeral Service for Nicole will be Saturday December 1 at 10 am at Holy Cross Parish. The School has arranged for a bursary fund for Luca Hasselman and we are collecting cheques from those who wish to make a donation to this fund. All cheques must be made out to Holy Cross Elementary School and please indicate “Luca Hasselmann Fund” in the subject line at the bottom of the cheque. Please note that participation and the amount contributed to this fund is voluntary and at your discretion. Cheques can be dropped off at the School Office until Dec. 14.
Wishing you God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti