I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Please take note of the following important information:
- Oct. 26 – Holy Cross Halloween Dinner and Dance in our Gym from 7 pm to 12:30 pm. (Come enjoy a night of great food, great auctions & great dancing. Costumes are optional. Complimentary Craft Beer will be served from 7 to 7:45 pm and Dinner will be served @ 8 pm. Please note that the deadline to purchase tickets has now passed and that TICKETS WILL NOT BE SOLD AT THE DOOR. All proceeds from this event goes directly into our Student Activity Fund. )
- Oct. 28 to Nov. 1 – Please see Mrs. Crescenzo`s Schedule for the CISVA Volleyball Play-offs and Practices this week
- Oct. 28 – Walk-a-thon Prize Draws in the Gym from 9:10 to 9:55 am / Award Presentations for Cross-Country and RC Challenge to follow, as well as recognition of Students who participated in the Burnaby Public Library Summer Reading Program
- Oct. 28 – Gr. 6 & 7 Boys only Soccer Practice @ Brentwood Park from 3:05 to 4 pm
- Oct. 28 – Juvenile Boys Team 2 Soccer Games @ Bby Lk. # 4 (The Boys will be leaving @ 1:10 pm for games at 1:40 pm vs St. Pius X & 2:35 pm vs Q.A. Saints)
- Oct. 29 – Artona Photo Retakes (All Students wishing a retake this day must be in full School Uniform and MUST return the “proof card” that was distributed to them from Artona at School last week and the sample photo card that will be sent home on Monday. We appreciate your patience in our transition to the new company.)
- Oct. 30 – Hot Lunch Day (Grilled Cheese)
- Oct 30 – Juvenile Boys Soccer Team 1 CISVA Soccer Finals @ Bby Lk. Turf from 9:45 am to 3 pm (The Boys are asked to be dropped off at Bby Lk. Turf # 2 by 9:05 am. Supervision will be available at the Field from 8:30 am on. The Boys will play 3 Games on this day, starting with their first game at 9:50 am. Kindly remind your Boys to dress appropriately for the weather and to bring a healthy lunch) The Boys on Team 1, who ordered Hot Lunches, will have their Lunches delivered to the Field.
- Oct. 31 – Holy Cross Annual Halloween Penny Carnival in support of Holy Childhood Association from 12:45 to 2:30 pm in the Gym. Please note that Parents and Siblings are also welcome to attend. (The Students are invited to come to School dressed in their Halloween costumes on this day. All students must refrain from wearing costumes depicting violence, weaponry, blood and gore. The students are kindly reminded to bring in some spare change, if they wish to participate in our Carnival Games. All proceeds will go to the Holy Childhood Association. The Students will be eating lunch early this day at 11:30 am in order to accommodate the Penny Carnival Activities in the afternoon.)
- Nov. 1 – All Saints Day
- Nov. 1 – Gr. 5, 6, & 7 Volleyball Skill Development Sessions (Boys @ 8 am)
- Nov. 1 – Senior Boys Soccer Super 8 Div. Team Consolation Match vs St. Pius X @ 1 pm at Bby Lk. # 2 (The Students will be leaving @ 12:20 pm)
- Nov. 1 – Gr. 5 & 6 Extra Girls Volley ball Play-off Practice @ The Harry Jerome Velodrome From 2:15 to 3 pm (the Students will be leaving @ 1:55 pm)
- Nov. 4 – Senior Boys CISVA Soccer Finals @ Bby. Lk. Turf from 9:45 to 3 pm (The Boys are asked to be dropped off at Bby. Lk. by 9:05 am. The Boys will play 3 games on this day, starting with their first game @ 9:50 am)
*A friendly reminder to please park in the appropriate Parking Stalls in the front and back lots of our School and Parish grounds. Please also note that the RCMP will increase their presence on Delta Ave over the next couple of weeks, in an effort to monitor the increasing volume of traffic, due to the Brentwood Development Project.
*Congratulations go out to all of our Roman Catholic Challenge Team Members & Coaches on bringing home a Silver Medal at last week’s Lower Mainland Tournament at Our Lady of the Assumption School.
Wishing you God`s blessings,
Mr. Dino Alberti