|Good morning Everyone,
We are happy to announce that we have had another wonderful week full of excitement and enthusiasm at Holy Cross Elementary School. I have been most impressed by the discipline, character, and empathy demonstrated by our students since the restart on September 10.
Please take note of the following important information…
- Saturday, September 26
- First Holy Communion for current Grade 3 class (last year’s Grade 2 class)
- Mass for Group 1 is at 12:30pm
- Please be here no later than 12:00pm for the Group 1 photo.
- Mass for Group 2 is at 1:45pm
- Please be here no later than 1:15pm for the Group 2 photo.
- Only students will be allowed in the Gym. Once you have dropped off your child in the Gym, you can proceed to the Church for your pre-assigned seating.
- Tuesday, September 29
- Titans Wear Day
- Students are asked to bring a Loonie or Toonie if they would like to be entered into the Lucky Prize Draw. All proceeds will go towards the Walk-a-thon.
- Wednesday, September 30
- Hot Lunch (Pizza)
- Grade 4 & 5 Boys Soccer at Burnaby Lake Turf #4 (Rain or Shine)
- Intersquad Games from 3:00-4:00pm. Parents drivers will be required and students will be leaving at 2:50pm.
- Soccer Uniforms will be distributed to the teams on Monday or Tuesday.
- Thursday, October 1
- Walk-a-thon Tracking Slip #3 is due.
- Grade 7 Class Mass only for Grade 7 Students and Teachers at 9:15am. Due to COVID-19 regulations, Parents and Guests are not permitted.
- Monday October 5
- First day of full school uniform (including black shoes)
- Tuesday, October 6
- Individual Photo Day
- All students must be in full uniform (including sweaters and proper black school shoes)
- The few families who have chosen “Option 4 Temporary Transition Plan” will be scheduled to have their children have their photos taken at 11:45am. Please kindly be reminded to wait outside the south west door of the Gym and you will be directed in by one of the supervisors.
- Wednesday, October 7
- NO HOT LUNCH
- Holy Cross Titans Cross Country Meet at Brentwood Park during P.E. classes (Grades 2-7)
- Friday, October 9
- Titans Annual Walk-a-thon
- Dismissal at 12:30pm for all students
- No TAC on this day
- McDonalds lunch will be provided courtesy of the Hot Lunch Program that day (McDonalds Hamburger, Lays Chips, and a drink)
I would like to say that I am extremely pleased with the pledges that have been forecasted thus far for our Annual Walk-a-thon on October 9. Please be advised that Titans T-Shirts for the Walk-a-thon will begin to be distributed on Monday, September 28. Kindly note that students who have pledged $75+ will be receiving their shirts at the school. Please note that monies derived from this annual event will go directly to our school’s Technology Program, Fine Arts Program, and the Earthquake Supply Replenishment Program. As parents cannot assemble in the gym for a raffle during the Walkathon this year, there are parent volunteers from each grade who are currently selling raffle tickets. Each ticket is $10 with 8 prizes to be won, each valued at $150. By supporting the raffle, as a bonus, the first ticket you purchase will account for 2 hours towards your family’s annual fundraising requirement. Only two volunteer hours per family can be claimed in this process. Deadline to purchase is Wednesday October 7th by 7pm. The draw will take place during the Walkathon on Friday October 9, 2020 and winners will be notified by phone. You should be receiving a notification from your Parent Raffle Ticket Seller shortly in this regard.
In regards to our after school supervision pick-up times, I would like to commend our Parent Community and, again, all of our supervisors for making the process work so well thus far. It is important to keep in mind that as parent drivers we always need to be punctual in reference to pick up times, aware of our speed in the parking lot, of staying off your cellphones while your driving, and to back-in to the parking stalls whenever possible.
Thank you so much for your continued support, cooperation, and patience,
Mr. Dino Alberti